Friday, February 5, 2016

I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds it.



Life can be stressful. 

Whether it's a test grade, friend problems, or a flat tire, life can be stressful

This is something probably everyone can relate to because in one way or another, life stresses us out. 

One of the main things I struggle with is my future.

What's my purpose? Why am I here? What should I be doing?

I'm constantly stressing about my days or years ahead and what I'm going to be. 

It sounds cliche, but I really do wish I could go back to the days where finding the perfect crayon shade was my biggest concern.

I love growing and expanding and learning new things about this beautiful life that I live, but is it wrong that I constantly find myself bored? Is it wrong that I feel like I should be doing bigger, better, and greater things? 

No. 

It's not. 

But stressing about it is.

If only I could keep my eyes set on Christ instead of the grade on my paper. 

If only I could stay up all night talking about the Lord's faithfulness instead of talking about the tv show that I watched.

If only I could focus on worshipping my sweet Savior instead of my weekend plans.

If only I could stop stressing and focusing on myself and focus on something bigger than myself.. Him.

I don't know what my purpose is in this life. 

I don't know what career path I will follow. 

I don't know when I will graduate.

I don't know what's going to happen to me.

I don't know what my future holds, but I know who holds it. And isn't that enough?

I'm having to re-train my brain to say "ok" to not knowing the answer. 

I can do so, with a smile on my face, because I know something so. much. greater. than any plan I have for myself, and that is Jesus and His sovereign plan for my life.

And the good news is that Jesus has a plan already picked out for me. He tells me so.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Proverbs 16:9
The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in your mother's womb I chose you. Before you were born I set you apart.

So, at the end of the day, I can pick apart, plan, stress and worry all I want. But the Lord's plan will still prevail.

So what I don't know what my future holds? I know who holds tomorrow and who holds my hand.

Because life can be stressful, just like I said in the beginning.

But it doesn't have to be.

God created man with an intricate mind that allows us to choose.

So, I urge you, choose to let go.

Choose to let go of the daily stresses of life.

Choose to be ok with saying "I don't know" to peoples questions.

Choose to be ok with that flat tire (it isn't as big of a deal as it seems to be.)

Choose to be ok with the fact that life is messy and chaotic, but that the Lord gave it to you with a specific purpose in mind.

And our God does not fail.

You will not fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment